Cosmetics, makeup, skincare products fascinates one and all. After all, the magical results it gives, are mind blowing!
The cosmetics industry is at its best in the present day, given the roaring money it is making!
Presenting some points about some beauty brands, just to begin with.
- Pomhyanggi Cosmetics is a recently launched brand (including online store), straight from North Korea. ‘Pomhyanggi’ means scent of spring. It is produced by Sinuiju Cosmetics located in North Pyongan in N Korea, of course! ( Such detailed facts related to N.Korea are not common)
- ‘The Body Shop’ is a British Company whereas ‘The Face Shop’ is a South Korean company. The Body Shop filed an opposition against the trademark!
- India has imposed a ban on imported products which are tested on animals along with banning cosmetic animal testing in their very own country. Dual Ban, I see!
- Forest Essentials is an Indian Cosmetics, skincare and perfume company that specializes in Ayurvedic preparations, now read this, Estee Lauder company owned 20% stake in 2008! According to its Wikipedia page – it is now at 40%!
- Estee Lauder owns 18 brands which include Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, DKNY, DonnaKaran, GlamGlow, M.A.C, Michael Kors, Smashbox, Tom Ford Beauty, Tommy Hilfiger and Too Faced, to name a few. Okay, so all these are sisters companies!If you don’t believe me, might as well check out their official site: https://www.elcompanies.com/en/our-brands
- Maybelline, NYX Cosmetics, Lancome and Garnier are subsidiaries of L’Oreal Paris, to name a few.
- Colorbar Cosmetics is owned by Samir Modi , who is none other than son of K.K.Modi and brother of Lalit Modi (you know the infamous Lalit Modi, right?)
- Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills & was founded by J.R.D Tata!
- Fenty Beauty is called so because it is Rihanna’s last name. Robyn Rihanna Fenty which is Rihanna’s full name.
- Marc Jacobs, Make Up forever, Kat Von D Beauty, Benefit cosmetics are all owned by LVHM ( Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy), amongst the few.
- As far as Beauty YouTuber is considered; Michelle Phan is considered as an early pioneer, who joined YouTube in 2006. And she owns a company by the name ‘EM Cosmetics’.
- KORA Organics is 100% Australian-made skincare range founded by Miranda Kerr. Miranda Kerr is Australia’s first Victoria’s Secret model! Isn’t that cool!
- According to its website, Vaseline was used by Soldiers during the World War I & II to treat minor cuts and bruises.
- Hershey’s has its own Makeup line & you can buy it here:
- Back in 2003, O.P.I launched a nail polish line for dogs called ‘Pawlish’.
Well, that’s it for Part 1 and I will soon come with part 2.
These facts are collected from various web searches and videos.